Thursday, May 10, 2012

Photography into Painting

  
Kim Jong-un, 39 pieces (each 8"x11"), mixed media, 2012. 

 




Kim Jong-un, 54'x60', mixed media, 2012
by jihae Park


In this semester, I tried to study screen print and digital print technique.
I believe my works are related with this class; Photography into Painting. People can easily notice about specific figure picture at my works even though it was destroyed and painted.
I used digital print, silk screen, transfer images with yupo paper, and then acrylic and oil paint on papers and canvases. I'd like to express about photography as a painting itself with my perspective. I transferred his photography found at online and then painted overlapped of photographs itself with my statement about work process.

When I went to the Art Institute of Chicago, I stuck by Andy Warhol's Mao. I'd wanted to reference from it and make mine with Kim Jong-un image because I have some personal experiences about North Korea that I never forget it.
When I was young, my grandmother talked to me about the war between North and South Korea.
Few years ago, I could travel Gaesung city which is second capital city of North Korea. That made me remind of Kim Jong-un. However, I do not focus on political issue for my work. I'd like to think about just as one man who is just four years older than me. 
Kim jong-un is the current Supreme leader of North korea. He is born 8.January 1983. I kept considering to express and imagining about his non political and his unknown personal life. His life could be really different from our lives. I am wondering and interested in  his unveiled life to my work.






No comments:

Post a Comment